Use your powers for good
There are a huge amount of charities out there in need of marketing and business development support, but without the resource to find and fund them. Meanwhile, there are lots of great people like you out there who would like to help. That’s where we come in: we are here to help you create a good impact.
How it works
Simply register your interest (you can volunteer as a team, or an individual) and we will match you with a charity who will benefit the most from your marketing and/or business development expertise.
We work with a range of charities, so you are welcome to specify a particular cause that you are interested in and we will do our best to pair you up.
Alternatively, if you already support a specific charity in other ways, let us know and we can arrange for you to provide them with your marketing and BD expertise.
We will join you and the charity for an introductory meeting (either in person or online) where activities and time commitments will be agreed before the project starts, to ensure everyone is on the same page.
As well as access to great charities and opportunities, becoming a member of the Good Impact Group (GIG) will provide you with access to exclusive events and networking sessions with your peers.
Fitting in around you
There is no fixed time commitment; you can choose to get involved with one-off projects, or agree a set amount of time to spend on an ongoing project. This will be outlined before the project starts so both sides have clarity around what is expected.
If you move roles or even firms and would like to continue volunteering, you can. Becoming a member of the GIG provides you with a constant link with one or more charities throughout your career. As well as being hugely beneficial for the charities, it’s a great experience to talk about inside and outside of work and will show a positive element of your character.
Work in a team (of one or more)
You can work on Good Impact Group projects with your marketing and BD colleagues, or on your own; as part of your firm’s corporate volunteering opportunities, or in your own time – there are options to suit you.
Remote and in person options
All of the work available can be done remotely, although you are welcome to meet the charities in person if you and they feel comfortable doing so. As well as the introductory meeting, we are happy to join future meetings if you would find it beneficial.
Key benefits for you:
- Generate a positive impact by using your marketing and BD skills for an additional purpose.
- Develop your personal and professional skills.
- Expand your network.
- Apply your expertise and passion to create real change.
- Enrich your understanding of the world.
- Expand or develop their experience in a different sector.
Key benefits for your firm:
- Put purpose ahead of profit.
- Demonstrably boost economic, social and corporate governance (ESG).
- Enhance your corporate purpose.
- Increase your firm’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Support your local community’s charitable purposes.
- Embed a repeatable and ongoing charitable programme for your team to easily access.